State Leadership Conference
State Leadership Conference (SLC) is a great opportunity for high school students to participate in our competitive events program among some of the best in the state. SLC also includes state officer elections and a series of informative leadership workshops for FBLA students and advisers.
2020 State Leadership Conference Information
Registration Deadline – February 12, 2020
Registration Fee – $71 per member/adviser; $46 per chaperone/student teacher, includes one meal (Tuesday evening buffet).
**Please read all documents**
- SLC Checklist
- SLC Schedule 2020 – Tentative
- SLC Preparation Calendar
- SLC Deadlines
- SLC Registration Information
- Competitive Events-at-a-Glance 2020
- Honorable Mentions 2019
Competitive Event Guidelines
- Complete event guidelines can be found in the Nebraska FBLA Handbook
- Each member must be in a minimum of three events and a maximum of five
February 12 Registration Deadline
- This is a firm deadline. Late registrations will not be accepted.
Competitive Event Testing Completed Prior to the SLC
Computer Skill Event Testing – Tests for the following events will be mailed to your chapter prior to the testing dates of March 1 – March 29
- Computer Applications – 60-minute test
- Database Design and Applications – 30-minute test
- Spreadsheet Applications – 30-minute test
- Word Processing – 30-minute test
Each test must be administered by a proctor (someone other than the chapter adviser).
- Select any date from March 1 to March 29 to have the tests administered by a proctor, such as a business teacher who does not sponsor FBLA, a guidance counselor, a school principal, another teacher or the technology
- The testing materials will be mailed to your chapter prior to March
- Upon receiving your computer competitive event packet, please open the packet and read the adviser instructions.
- The proctor should follow the script and directions entitled Computer Event General Guidelines.
- NEW – You will turn in all materials at the conference registration
Online Testing – The following nine team events and one individual event are two-part events with online testing held at your school February 24 – March 9:
- Banking and Financial Systems
- Global Business
- Help Desk – individual event
- Hospitality Management
- Management Decision Making
- Management Information Systems
- Network Design
- Sports and Entertainment Management
The objective test, taken collaboratively by the team (except for Help Desk, which is an individual event) online at your school any time during February 24 – March 9. Tech support is available between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CDT. Advisers will need to secure a proctor to administer the test. Access codes to connect to the online testing site as well as additional forms will be emailed to advisers prior to the testing dates.
2019 SLC Information
Download the Conference Program App (Most up-to-date information)
State Leadership Conference Program – PDF (Each chapter will receive 4 printed programs at the conference.)
SLC Business Tours – First come—first served
Presentation Schedules – Posted as results come in. All will be posted by March 23 at 11:59 pm.
Final Round Postings at Conference
2019 Event Enrollment and Honorable Mention Totals
Delegate Count by Chapter
THANK YOU DIRECTORY
CONFERENCE EVALUATION – due April 20