State Leadership Conference
State Leadership Conference (SLC) is a great opportunity for high school students to participate in our competitive events program among some of the best in the state. SLC also includes state officer elections and a series of informative leadership workshops for FBLA students and advisers.
2021 State Leadership Conference Information
The 2021 State Leadership Conference will be moved to a virtual conference. Please see the updated documents below for more details about the changes to competitive events and deadlines.
State Leadership Conference Website: https://fbla.events.education.ne.gov/
*You will need to create a username and password if you have not attended a conference with NDE before.
Job Interview Instructions:
1. Sign your Job Interview competitors up for an interview time by April 2nd at Noon. Please use the competitor’s name on the form. If they are not able to accept outside emails, use the adviser email address.
***No more than three (3) members from one chapter may be scheduled with one judge.***
2. Submit the Resume and Cover Letter documents to Blue Panda by April 5 at 8 am. Feedback to competitors on their application documents will happen in the final round only. Each round judge will have a copy of these files during the interview.
- Semi-Finals – April 12 from 1-3 pm
- Job Interview Finals – April 13 from 3:30-5:30 pm
- Future Business Leader Finals – April 13 from 2:00-3:30 pm
- Due March 24, 2021
- T-shirt designed by Genevieve Bennett, Syracuse Dunbar-Avoca
- 100% of the proceeds benefit the Nebraska FBLA Foundation Trust
- Have each student turn in a Parent Permission for Virtual Conference
- The adviser will keep these forms.
- Complete the Chapter Permission Form
- Complete the Blue Panda registration online
- Complete the SLC Registration Summary Form
- Upload the Chapter Permission Form
- Upload Invoice from Blue Panda
- Confirm receipt of all Parent Permission forms
- Mail the Registration Summary along with Payment to:
FBLA SLC REGISTRATION
GRAFTON AND ASSOCIATES PC
5935 S 56TH ST STE A
LINCOLN NE 68516-3307
5. Upload Competitive Event Assets (files and URLs) to Blue Panda by the deadline for each event.
- No Statement of Assurance needed. Include copyright information within the project or in the YouTube description.
February 17 Registration Deadline
- This is a firm deadline. Late registrations will not be accepted.
- $50 per competitor
- $10 per adviser/student teacher
- Competitive Event Virtual Changes
- SLC Checklist
- SLC Preparation Calendar
- Competitive Events-at-a-Glance 2021
- Honorable Mentions 2021
Competitive Event Guidelines
- Complete event guidelines can be found in the Nebraska FBLA Handbook
- Each member must be in a minimum of three events and a maximum of five
Competitive Event Testing Completed Prior to the SLC
Computer Event Testing – The following events will be online objective tests only (New 2021) held on March 1 – March 19
- Computer Applications
- Database Design and Applications
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Word Processing
Online Testing – The following nine team events and one individual event are two-part events with online testing held at your school on March 1 – 19:
- Banking and Financial Systems
- Global Business
- Help Desk – individual event
- Hospitality Management
- Management Decision Making
- Management Information Systems
- Network Design
- Sports and Entertainment Management
The objective test, taken collaboratively by the team (except for Help Desk, which is an individual event) online any time from March 1 – 19. Tech support is available between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CDT. Access codes to connect to the online testing site, as well as additional forms, will be emailed to advisers prior to the testing dates.