The Nebraska Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) State Officer Team consists of six (6) positions: president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, reporter, and parliamentarian. Each candidate for a Nebraska FBLA state office position must submit an online application including the required forms found in the left column by January 20.
All chapters are encouraged to enter qualified officer candidates to serve Nebraska FBLA. A chapter may enter a maximum of three candidates:
- Two candidates for the elected positions.
- One candidate for parliamentarian.
Nebraska FBLA state officer positions consist of five elected positions and one appointed position. The elected positions include the offices of president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and reporter. The appointed position is the parliamentarian.
The following qualifications must be met for an applicant to apply for a position:
- Any student running for state office must have at least one full academic year remaining in their high school career and reside in Nebraska.
- State officers may not graduate at mid-year from high school and retain their state officer position.
- A presidential candidate must have attended a previous Nebraska State Leadership Conference.
- All candidates must have attended a Nebraska Fall Leadership Conference.
In accordance with the Nebraska FBLA State Bylaws, a parliamentarian is appointed. Any student interested in applying for this position must submit the state officer application form by the application deadline. Parliamentarian candidates will participate in the State Officer Screening Day test and interview, give a two-minute qualification speech at the State Leadership Conference opening session, and answer questions at the Formal Caucus.
Parliamentarian candidates do not campaign for office. Students applying for this position take the Parliamentary Procedure objective test at the State Leadership Conference. On the basis of the results of this test, the parliamentarian is appointed. The announcement of the appointed parliamentarian is made at the conference.