Photos from the 2015 Commissioner’s Recognition can be found here.
NEBRASKA CAREER EDUCATION STUDENTS RECOGNIZED
One hundred fourteen Nebraska Career Education students were recognized in November for national awards they received earlier this year.
Commissioner of Education Dr. Matthew Blomstedt and Lieutenant Governor Mike Foley recognized the Nebraska Career Education students who received first, second, third place or finalist awards during national leadership and skills competition held by their respective Career Student Organizations. The students were recognized during a November 23 reception at the Nebraska State Capitol Rotunda. The following students are members of DECA, FBLA, FCCLA, FFA, HOSA, Educators Rising, PBL and SkillsUSA, Nebraska Career and Technical Student Organizations.
FBLA Award Winners:
- Kamryn Timm, Trevor Koger, and Catie Theiler of Arlington High School
- Eric Le and Jacob Shiers of Lincoln Southwest High School
- Cody McCain and Riley Knust of Tri County High School
- Heather Bentley of Amherst High School
- Mia Kegley of Kearney High School
- Josh Jones, Nate Brown, and Zach Brown of Bellevue East High School
- Brenna Backemeyer of Elmwood-Murdock High School
- Kaitlyn Quiring and Colton Siebert of Heartland Community High School
- Kristen Bell, Allison Penner, and Alex Schneider of Aurora High School
- Paige Nelson, Madeline Hall, and Cristian Perdomo of Bellevue West High School
FBLA, Future Business Leaders of America, provides career development programs for students interested in business administration, management, finance and information technology careers.