Category: Prejudge Project
Type: Individual, Team
Grade Level: 9-12
Competitor Limit: 1 team of 1-3 members
(New 2021-22) Your design team has been asked to create the logo and artwork for a new men’s clothing store. The clothing store should be designed towards a certain target market and geographic area. The package should include store logo, store interior design, T-shirt or polo, webpage design, and specialty items.
- Competitors, not advisers, must create the design elements required in the topic.
- Entries will be judged according to the rating sheet.
- Elements should emphasize the graphic interpretation of the topic and design.
- Participants may not use any words, diagrams, clipart, and/or artwork that are not public domain.
- The logo must be included in the sales kit.
- Graphics should be computer-generated.
- Competitors are expected to follow all applicable copyright laws. Refer to the national Format Guide for copyright information.
- Media may be labeled using any method but must include the name of the event, student participants, school, and state.
- Complete the online project submission form found on the Nebraska FBLA website by the conference registration deadline.
- Emphasize graphic interpretation of the topic and design.
- Do not use any words, diagrams, clip art, and/or artwork that are not
- Graphics must be saved in JPEG, GIF, or EPS format. Graphics should be
- Save project files electronically in a cloud storage location (DropBox, Google Drive, etc.)
- Name files GD_item_chaptername_year
- Ensure storage location permissions allow for anyone with the link access to view files.
- Submit storage location URL to project submission online form.
- Create a graphic design promotional logo and tag line for given topic
- demonstrate appropriate graphic design rules
- show creativity and cohesiveness of design and tag line
- develop creative and appealing layout and design
- use appropriate artwork and design techniques to address the given topic
- use effective colors, layout, and design
Each local chapter may submit one (1) entry. Entries may be created by an individual member or a team composed of two (2) members or three (3) members. Each competitor must pay the SLC registration fee and attend the State Leadership Conference.
Entries must address the topic as described in the topic section. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges according to the rating sheet. All decisions of the judges are final.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The first-, second-, and third-place winners of this event will be entered in the Graphic Design event at the National Leadership Conference, providing they have not entered this event at a previous National Leadership Conference. In the event of a team entry, no more than one (1) member may have competed in this event at a previous National Leadership Conference or have competed more than two (2) years at the national level.