Future Business Leader
Category: Objective Test/Interview
Grade Level: 12
Deadline/Testing: Submit Resume and Cover Letter by April 1
Competitor Limit: Seniors entered in the Job Interview event are eligible to enter this event.
Cover Letter and Resumé:
- Cover Letter: Not to exceed one page, the letter should state reasons for
deserving the honor of this award.
- Résumé: Not to exceed two pages, should list your FBLA activities and
- Competitors must bring one hard copy of their résumé and cover letter in a
folder, to be left with the judges, for each round of interviews onsite.
- Label folders with the event title, competitor’s name, state, and school.
- Include the competitor’s name on all pages submitted.
- Résumés should be brief, not exceeding two pages. Photographs are not
- Cover letters are not to exceed one page.
- Upload cover letter & résumé to Blue Panda by April 1.
- Address letter to:
Mr. Alexander T. Graham, President and CEO
Future Business Leaders of America
1912 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191
- Participants must provide their own laptops for testing.
- No calculators, phones, or other memory storage devices are allowed.
- The objective test is 50 percent of the score for the preliminary round of the event.
- The Job Interview preliminary interview score will be used as the preliminary Future Business Leader interview score.
- The interview score is 50 percent of the score for the preliminary round of the event.
- The top eight (8) finalists will be scheduled for a final seven (7) minute interview.
- The Future Business Leader Final Interview Rating Sheet will be used for the interview.
- A panel of judges will conduct the interview.
- business procedures
- global business
- FBLA organization, national bylaws, and handbook
- national competitive event guidelines
- national publications
- creed and national goals
Seniors entered in the Job Interview event are eligible to enter this event.
Preliminary round: 50% Objective Test and 50% Job Interview Preliminary round scores.
Final Round: The final interview for Future Business Leader will determine the winner. All judges’ decisions are final.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The first-, second-, and third-place winners of this event will represent Nebraska in the Future Business Leader event at the National Leadership Conference. Future Business Leader Scholarships will be presented to the top NLC qualifiers that compete at the National Leadership Conference in the Future Business Leader event. First Place: $750 Second Place: $500 Third Place: $250