Middle School – Elevator Speech
Grade Level: 5-8
You and the other FBLA middle school members at your school are attending a CTSO Legislative Day at your State Capitol. You are introduced to one of your local legislators and he/she asks what FBLA is.
In a 30-second elevator speech, share with the legislator an example of a chapter activity that you’ve participated in and how you have benefitted from membership in FBLA.
- The speech must be developed based on the topic.
- Competitors must create and be prepared to leave three copies of a visual aid (brochure, flyer, etc.) about FBLA-Middle Level and a business card with the judges.
- Judges can ask up to two questions after the speech is completed.
- Competitors must prepare speeches, visual aids, and business cards.
- Advisers and others are not permitted to help.
- Performance Time: 30 seconds
- Q&A: 3 minutes
Only registered Middle School members (grades 5-8) may compete in Middle School events.
Entries will be judged according to the rating sheet. All decisions of the judges are final.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The top two winners of this event will represent Nebraska in the Middle School - Elevator Speech event at the National Leadership Conference (NLC), provided they have not placed in the top 10 for this event at National Leadership Conference.