Category: Computer Skill Test
Grade Level: 9-12
Deadline/Testing: At School Testing: February 20 - March 15
Competitor Limit: No Limit (new 2022-2023)
- The objective Test will be taken at the local school prior to SLC.
- The top 15 scores from the objective test qualify to take an application/certification test for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at SLC.
- Create, search, and query databases
- spreadsheet functions and formulas
- text slide graphics and presentations
- business graphics
- word processing
Each chapter may enter FBLA members from Grades 9 through 12. Participants should have completed a computer course utilizing integrated software (word processing, database, spreadsheet, and presentation). Each participant must pay the SLC registration fee and attend the State Leadership Conference.
The production/certification score will constitute 85% of the final event score.
The objective test will constitute 15% of the final event score.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The first-, second-, and third-place winners will represent Nebraska in the Computer Applications event at the National Leadership Conference, provided they have not placed in the top 10 for this event at a previous National Leadership Conference.