Business Financial Plan
Category: Prejudge Report
Type: Individual, Team
Grade Level: 9-12
Competitor Limit: 1 team of 1-3 members
(New 2020-21)Create a Business Financial Plan for a new school store/school-based enterprise. You need to identify a specific objective for the store (i.e. to fund/promote a specific club, organization, program, event, or cause). The new store should be specifically targeted for your school and demographics. The Business Financial Plan should include but is not limited to equipment, inventory, facilities, and operations management.
Establish and develop a complete financial plan for a business venture by writing a 15-page report on the topic provided.
- Reports must include a table of contents and page numbers.
- A one-page description of the plan should be the first page of the report (not included in page count).
- Follow the rating sheet sequence when writing the plan. If information is not available for a particular criterion, include a statement to that effect in the report.
- Pages must be numbered and formatted to fit on 8 1/2” x 11” paper.
- Reports must not exceed 15 pages excluding the front cover.
- Divider pages and appendices are optional and must be included in the page count. Plan Covers
- A front cover is required.
- Report covers are not counted against the page limit.
- Front cover must contain the following information: name(s) of the student(s), name of the school, state, name of the event, and year (20xx-xx). The cover may also contain additional information.
- Competitors must prepare reports. Local advisers should serve only as consultants.
- Reports must be original, current, and not submitted for a previous SLC.
- Reports submitted for competition become the property of Nebraska FBLA. These reports may be used for publication and/or reproduced by the state association.
- Points will be deducted if the written plan doesn’t adhere to the guidelines.
- A PDF of the Business Financial Plan must be submitted electronically.
- Save file as BFP_chaptername_year.pdf
Each chapter may enter one (1) plan created by an individual or a team of two (2) or three (3) members from Grades
9 through 12.
Reports will be reviewed by a screening committee to determine if the projects have complied with event eligibility and regulations. A panel of judges will select the winners. All decisions of the judges are final.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The first-, second-, and third-place winners of this event will represent Nebraska in the Business Financial Plan event at the National Leadership Conference. No more than one team member may have competed in this event at a previous National Leadership Conference or have competed more than two (2) years at the national level in this event.