Category: Prejudge Project
Type: Individual, Team
Grade Level: 9-12
Competitor Limit: 1 team of 1-3 members
Develop a website for a local business. This business can be real or fictional but must serve the members of your community. The website should include the following elements:
- Header with logo
- Call to action button
- Form to subscribe to receive announcements
- Navigation menu
- Footer to include credits to website creators and copyright information
The website does NOT need to be published; however, if you publish the website, you must obtain permissions in accordance with the competitive event guidelines and proper copyright law.
- Participation in this event will allow competitors to demonstrate proficiency in conceptualizing, designing, and creating websites. Members will work individually or as a team in creating a website that addresses the topic provided.
- Competitors, not advisers, must prepare the websites.
- Websites should be designed to allow for viewing on as many different platforms as possible.
- Must be a live link published online.
- Include full address – http://www.domain.com/path/to/website
- Any photographs, text, trademarks, or names that are used on the site must be supported by proper documentation and approvals indicated on the site.
- The use of templates must be identified at the bottom of the page. Must edit the template from the original design.
- Competitors are expected to follow all applicable copyright laws. Refer to the national Format Guide for copyright information.
- The website must be available for viewing on the Internet at the time of judging.
- No changes can be made to the website after the conference registration deadline.
- Websites not adhering to these regulations may be disqualified.
- Submit URL to Blue Panda by deadline.
Each chapter may submit one (1) entry. Entries must be created by an individual or a team of two (2) or three (3) members in Grades 9 through 12. All team members must be registered for the State Leadership Conference to participate in the event.
Using the rating sheet, a panel of judges will select the winners. All decisions of the judges are final.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The first-, second-, and third-place winners of this event will represent Nebraska in the Website Design event at the National Leadership Conference, provided they have not placed top 10 for this event at a previous NLC.