Category: Computer Skill Test
Grade Level: 9-12
Deadline/Testing: At School Testing: February 20 - March 15
Competitor Limit: Unlimited entries (New 2022-2023)
- The objective Test will be taken at the local school prior to SLC.
- The top 15 scores from the objective test qualify to take an application/certification test for Excel at SLC.
- Basic mathematical concepts
- data organization concepts
- create formulas
- generate graphs for analysis purposes
- pivot tables
- create macros
- filter and extract data
Each chapter may enter two (2) FBLA members from Grades 9 through 12. Participants should have completed a computer course utilizing advanced applications in spreadsheet software. Each competitor must pay the SLC registration fee and attend the State Leadership Conference.
The production/certification score will constitute 85% of the final event score.
The objective test will constitute 15% of the final event score.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The first-, second-, and third-place winners of this event will represent Nebraska in the Spreadsheet Applications event at the National Leadership Conference, provided they have not placed in the top 10 for this event at a previous National Leadership Conference.