Category: Prejudge Project
Type: Individual, Team
Grade Level: 9-12
Competitor Limit: 1 team of 1-3 members
(New 2021-22) Your design team has been asked to create the logo and artwork for a new men’s clothing store. The clothing store should be designed for a specific target market and geographic area. The package should include a print ad, store signage, logo stickers, and store clothing tags.
- Projects must address the given topic.
- Competitors may use any desktop publishing software to complete the project.
- Competitors must prepare projects. Advisers and other individuals are not permitted to help.
- Competitors are expected to follow all applicable copyright laws. Refer to the national FBLA Format Guide for copyright guidelines.
- Participants should place emphasis on the topic and design using the rating sheet as a guide.
- The finished product must be submitted in color.
- Participants may NOT use any words, diagrams, clipart, and/or artwork that are not public domain.
- Each document should be labeled with a footer stating the event name, students’ names, and school.
- Upload files to an online file storage location such as Google Drive.
- Create a folder labeled “Publication Design_Chapter_Year”
- Print Files to PDF: PD_item_chaptername_year.pdf
- Share the folder so anyone with the link can view it.
- Post folder link/URL to submission form.
Each chapter may enter one individual or one team composed of two (2) or three (3) FBLA members in Grades 9 through 12. Each participant must pay the SLC registration fee and attend the State Leadership Conference.
Documents will be evaluated by a panel of judges. All judges’ decisions are final.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The first-, second-, and third-place winners of this event will represent Nebraska in the Publication Design event at the National Leadership Conference. One team member may repeat in this event at the National Leadership Conference.