Category: Prejudge Project
Type: Individual, Team
Grade Level: 9-12
Competitor Limit: 1 team of 1-3 members
You have been asked by your school activities director to create a publication highlighting the activities within your school. You will develop a five-page online magazine showcasing your school’s activities, including:
- A print advertisement for a club or organization
- A story about a school activity or event
- Three other pages including information and designs of your choice.
- Projects must address the given topic.
- Competitors may use any desktop publishing software to complete the project.
- Competitors must prepare projects. Advisers and other individuals are not permitted to help.
- Competitors are expected to follow all applicable copyright laws. Refer to the national FBLA Format Guide for copyright guidelines.
- Participants should place emphasis on the topic and design using the rating sheet as a guide.
- The finished product must be submitted in color.
- Participants may NOT use any words, diagrams, clipart, and/or artwork that are not public domain.
- Upload files to an online file storage location such as Google Drive Folder or a website.
- Name project PD_item_chaptername_year
- Share so anyone with the link can view it.
- Post folder link/URL to Blue Panda by deadline.
Each chapter may enter one individual or one team composed of two (2) or three (3) FBLA members in Grades 9 through 12. Each participant must pay the SLC registration fee and attend the State Leadership Conference.
Documents will be evaluated by a panel of judges. All judges’ decisions are final.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The first-, second-, and third-place winners of this event will represent Nebraska in the Publication Design event at the National Leadership Conference (NLC), provided that competitors have not placed in the top 10 at a previous NLC.