Public Service Announcement
Category: Prejudge Project
Type: Individual, Team
Grade Level: 9-12
Competitor Limit: 1 team of 1-3 members
After recovering from the global pandemic many social issues in our communities and country have been brought to light. Develop a Public Service Announcement about a social issue that affects teenagers. Your job is to bring awareness about that topic to your peers, school, and community.
- Competitors must research and form an objective on the topic provided.
- Student members, not advisers, must prepare the PSA.
- Competitors create a script and 30-second video on the topic.
- Video production may use any method to capture or create moving images.
- These videos must be original content; competitors may not use previously published video clips in the videos they submit for the competition.
- Members are expected to follow all applicable copyright laws. Refer to the national Format Guide for copyright information.
- Upload the video to YouTube as unlisted and disable comments.
- Submit URL to BluePanda by the deadline.
- PSA addresses topic and is appropriate for the audience
- graphics, text treatment, and special effects show creativity and cohesiveness of design
- overall layout and design is creative and appealing
- final product indicates a clear thought process and an intended, planned direction with formulation and execution of a firm idea
- identify the basic functions and resources for editing an audio/video production
- required information is effectively communicated
- copyright laws followed
Each chapter may submit one (1) entry created by an individual or a team of two (2) or three (3) members in Grades 9 through 12. All team members must be registered for the State Leadership Conference to participate in this event.
Presentations must address the topic as described in the topic section. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges according to the rating sheet. All decisions of the judges are final.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The first-, second, and third-place winners of this event will be entered in the Public Service Announcement event at the National Leadership Conference, providing they have not placed in the top 10 for this event at a previous National Leadership Conference.