Middle School – Career Research
Category: Prejudge Project
Grade Level: 5-8
Competitor Limit: Limit 2 entries per chapter
- Individuals are to identify a career of interest and conduct research for the presentation. The presentation must include the following, but is not limited to:
- General description of the career.
- What type of education is needed to enter into this career?
- Is this career in high demand?
- What part of the country would have the most demand for a career?
- What is the average starting pay for this career?
- Visual aids and samples specifically related to the project may be used in the presentation
- Comply with state and federal copyright laws.
- Presentation up to 5 minutes in length.
- 5 minutes will be provided for setup for the presentation.
- A timekeeper will notify the competitor when 5 min. setup is over, and start the presentation timer for 5 minutes.
- The timekeeper will stand at 4 minutes and again to notify time is up at 5 minutes.
Only registered Middle School members may compete in Middle School events.
Entries will be judged according to the rating sheet. All decisions of the judges are final.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The top two winners of this event will represent Nebraska in the Middle School - Career Research event at the National Leadership Conference (NLC), provided they have not placed in the top 10 for this event at a previous NLC.