Category: Objective Test, Report/Presentation
Type: Individual, Team
Grade Level: 9-12
Deadline/Testing: March 1
Competitor Limit: 1 team of 1-3 members
(New 2021-22) The topic/case study relates to the ethics of community guidelines on social media. Click here to access the full case study.
- Teams have seven (7) minutes for their presentation.
- All team members must actively participate in the presentation.
- Teams are permitted to bring prepared notes.
- Books, other bound materials, props, and equipment are prohibited.
- One (1) member must introduce the team and describe the ethical situation.
- Competitors must be prepared to present their findings and solutions.
- A five (5) point deduction will be made for presentations over seven (7) minutes.
- Ethical decision making is essential in the business world and the workplace. This team event recognizes FBLA members who demonstrate the ability to present solutions to ethical situations encountered in the business world and the workplace.
Each local chapter may enter two teams of one (1) to three (3) members from Grades 9 through 12.
The final round will be judged by a panel of judges. All judges’ decisions are final.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The first-, second-, and third-place teams in this event will represent Nebraska in the Business Ethics event at the National Leadership Conference. Only one (1) team member may have competed in this event at a prior National Leadership Conference or have competed more than two (2) years at the national level in this event.