Category: Objective Test
Grade Level: 9-12
Participants must furnish their own No. 2 pencils and erasers and their own calculators. No graphing or financial calculators, phones, or other memory storage devices are allowed.
- Personal selling and sales promotion
- traditional and alternative advertising media
- consumer behavior
- basic marketing functions
- branding and positioning
- advertising plan
- legal and ethical issues
- diversity and multicultural market
- public relations
- creation of advertisement
- consumer-oriented advertising
- financial planning
- consumer purchase classifications
- target market
- market segmentation
- product development
- product life cycle
- price planning
- channels of distribution
- marketing research
- effective advertising and promotional messages
- financing advertising campaigns
- history and influences
- advertising industry and careers
- supply chain management
- distribution logistics
- advertising workplace
- leadership, career development, and team building
- risk management
All FBLA members in Grades 9 through 12 are eligible to compete.
The test will be machine graded. Ties will be broken based on the order the tests were returned. All judges’ decisions are final.
Who Goes to Nationals?
The first-, second-, and third-place winners of this event will represent Nebraska in the Advertising event at the National Leadership Conference, providing they have not entered this event at a previous National Leadership Conference.